Monday, December 08, 2008

Eminus


With some hesitation, I post "Eminus"...a new work. I intended for it to be a companion to "Limbs Skyward" but, upon reflection, I realize it has a totally different vibe than "Limbs". I painted "Limbs Skyward" over a year ago and certainly I accept that I cannot mimic what I felt then as much as I accept what came out in "Eminus". This is partly what art is for me as an artist- an acceptance of expression- good, bad, ugly.
Certainly, I like the colours in "Eminus" and always love playing with trees and shapes- but "Eminus" has proven to be a highly personal piece... I'm not sure if it will translate in that manner to those who view it but I know, for me, it's got a lot behind it.
To conclude this post, I guess I am saying that things are not always what they seem. "Eminus" may echo parts of "Limbs" but it is rooted in something entirely different.

No comments: