Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm a little behind on posts but here's the latest...




I've been working for most of the summer on a piece of artwork to give as a present to a friend for her wedding. Two years ago she gave me these great old Craftsmen windows from a remodel in North Seattle. I never thought I would paint on glass but lo and behold, I did! The work was challenging to say the least- I had to literally paint the scene backwards. Layers and layers of paint. Lots of time. But they're beautiful and proved to be an excellent opportunity for me to stretch my artistic muscles. I hope to do more work on glass- this piece looks especially amazing when back lit. I had a little help from my friend on the lettering of the barn (where the couple if getting married) and the bumblebee. It was hard to let them go. I had a little moment but overall, it was an incredible experience.

No comments: