Friday, August 15, 2008

Two newer works



My website is out of date. I know it. I'm a technological idiot. Hence, I began this blog so I could ramble on and entertain you with my crazy art life. Someone asked me the other day to post two newer works on this blog so here they are...


The first work is "The Monolith"...my largest piece to date and a tribute to my homeland...I saw this tree in a forest in North Vancouver, BC, whilst on a hike and I had to translate it. It was charred and forgotten and broken...I tried to give it new life with this painting.


The second work is "Limbs Skyward". This is a piece that I feel expressed color so beautifully. I love the way the tree stretches to the sky. Currently, it is hanging in my living room with an electric blue boa around it (courtesy of my friend Ready- who said "It's the only way to frame this piece" and I went for it). I feel so happy when I look at it. I love madrona/arbutus trees! There's something beautiful about the way they shed their bark...a sense of renewal and rebirth or something.


No comments: